Sedgwick House Museum
Contains materials pertaining to the area in and surrounding Martins Ferry. The town had its inception in 1787 when the ground upon which the city is located was purchased by Captain Absalom Martin, one of the surveyors of the Seven Ranges of the Northwest Territory. Absalom started operating a ferry in 1789. Thus the name Martins Ferry. In 1835, his son, Ebenezer, platted and laid out the town. Open by appointment. Admission.